Greetings,

   I have seen several posts concerning the loss of keyboard input to the
vncviewer after a user enters of leaves fullscreen mode.  Someone
suggested that this is a problem with the way a window manager deals with
focus.  I tested the standard Gnome and KDE on RedHat 9, and found that I
can switch into and out of fullscreen in KDE without losing keyboard.  In
Gnome (my preferred wm) I DO LOSE KEYBOARD.  The sequence is something
like: run vncviewer, go to fullscreen, exit fullscreen, return to
fullscreen.  At the last point the keyboard input is directed to another
window on the Gnome desktop and can not be redirected to vncviewer.

   Is there any chance of folks at RealVNC talking with folks at Gnome to
come up with some sort of resolution for this problem?  Are there any
Gnome (or X11) experts who can comment on a likely way to regain keyboard
in the vncviewer application?  Any help is appreciated.  I am very fond of
Gnome and use VNC constantly, and NEED to be able to enter and leave
fullscreen (much cheaper than a KVM switch, eh?).

   I suppose one last question/suggestion.  Would it be at all possible to
scale the vncviewer's display down to view a fullscreen within whatever
size window vncviewer is given?  This would be a great alternate for
stubborn folk like myself who are hesitant to switch to KDE.

Thanks to anyone with input.

-Duffy

Duffy Gillman
POLIS Systems Programmer