From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Paul K Cahoon
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 8:43 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Password

I am new to VNC and am trying to set it up on student workstations in a
computer lab so that I can troubleshoot and also monitor student
computers.  I wanted to keep the students from changing the settings so
I changed the registry value according to the documentation.  I couldnt
quite figure out the password settings though.  According to the
documentation, the registry values are DWORD values but a password
cannot be a DWORD value can it?  I tried it as a string value but when I
tried to access the computer remotely it failed to authenticate.  Can