On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 12:46:28PM +0000, Matthew Earwicker wrote:
I'm sure this must be quite simple really, but I am
not sure what figures to use where.

Scenario:
Windows 2k computer running VNCserver, internal IP
address 192.168.0.1

Redhat 9 proxy running sshd internal IP address
192.168.0.254

Firewall/router allowing incoming traffic to IP
address PUBLICIP on port 5900 to be forwarded to
internal IP 192.168.0.254 on port 5900.

Redhat 8 desktop with ADSL connection to internet.

What commands should I use to view Windows server on
Redhat 8.

Presumably ssh -l ...
and then vncviewer ...

But I'm not quite sure which IP address goes where
(btw, if I dialin to the server I need to use the
internal IP address rather than the name for my VNC
connection).

Any help gratefully received.

It's all right here, from the FAQ on the RealVNC web page.

http://www.uk.research.att.com/archive/vnc/sshvnc.html

HTH.

--
Michael