We do run on Unix (SGI and/or Linux), but here the behaviour is
the same: each client sees the same desktop.  You can start
multiple servers (with multiple desktops) though.  I do not know
about windows.

> If you are running a Windows server, in the many/all active user cases, do
> you want different participants' mouse and key strokes to be combined by
> the vnc server? Or do you want one participant to control the server at a
> time?

The combination of client inputs is already working natively -
you can use VNC in kollaborative mode, where all clients are
allowed to give input - quite messy sometimes :-)

Also, you can configure it the way that only one (or a subset of)
client(s) has control - the other would connect read-only then.

Our exact problem is that you specify that behaviour on startup -
we would like to move the input fokus around on runtime...

> I ask because I am a graduate student doing research in this area. As a
> part of the research, I have been modifying the Windows vnc 3.3.7 server
> and client to support multiple clients, but only with one client in
> control at a time. The other clients can observe, ask for control, and
> get it, in a manner similar to Microsoft NetMeeting.

That sounds about what we want! :-)  As said, I do not know about
windows - is your work portable to the Unix-version of VNC?

Cheers, thanks for your reply!

Andre & Stefan.