I've tried the vnc.so plugin for XFree86 (which is supposed to allow for exporting of the main :0 window), and it doesn't seem to work - it seems to crash the X server when a client connects.

I've tried this under 2 setups: one a Gentoo box running XFree86 4.3.0, Xinerama, on an ATI Rage128 and Geforce GeForce2 - nForce GPU, and the other a DRI CVS trunk build of XFree86 running on an ATI 7500 AIW.

In both cases X locks hard when a client connects to the VNC server.

Has anybody had any positive experiences with this module?