Timothy J. Massey wrote:

Hello!

Thank you very much for your response. I will investiage console.perms, but I guess I will, rather, have to find a way to give the user those permissions *outside* of console.perms.

However, I greatly appreciate the information. I will search further.

I took the easy way out. I chmod 666'ed all of the devices listed as <audio> devices in console.perms and now VNC users can play sounds. I'm sure some nefarious hacker can now hack into my MP3 player and play Satanic messages without my permission, but I'm willing to risk it...

Thanks for the info. I'll look for a more elegant solution, but this works for now.

Tim Massey