Hi

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:51:07 -0700 (PDT) you wrote:
> Hi,
> I am new to VNC software. I just installed X86
> Win32 (3.3.7) both at work and home today.
> My work PC is on LAN and the IP address is not
> static, but hostname is static. I have tried to use
> both, but I got message: 'Failed to connect to
> server'. When I tried to ping the work PC from home, I
> got the same message. I am not an export on port and
> listener. I don't know whatelse I need to do to make
> it work. I checked the FAQ and other emails list here.
> I still don't know what to do.
> Could someone please help me out???
> Thank you very much in advance!!!
> Ying

You are probably new to more than VNC.
Are you familiar with the workings of firewalls and routers?

You will not be able to go directly to the IP address
of your work computer. Your employer may not even allow
port forwarding from the internet into the company.

I suggest you talk to the network support group and
find out about your corporate security policy.

Cheers,

Carlyle

--

Diese E-Mail enthdlt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich gesch|tzte Informationen. Wenn
Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrt|mlich erhalten haben,

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or