Robert The computers are on to diff. LANs going through two diff routers
but are the same type of internal LANs 192.168.1.1 when it will not work

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Anthony Francis
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 5:32 PM
To: Angelo Sarto
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Cannot run viewer on the same network outside my router

I believe that the issue is with his pc's internal routing table, it
knows that its own ip address is 192.168.1.1 so therefore when he tries
to connect to it, it fails. You can do this go to a cmd window and type
route add 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 <place the ip address of the vpn
host here>
that should make your machine only reachable from local loopback
(127.0.0.1) but will allow your connection to go through. Or you can
make one of your networks be on a different subnet and configure your
routing tables accordingly.

cheers!

Savaticus

Angelo Sarto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I believe that he is saying he is set up like the following:

Box1[192.168.1.1] -----Router-------(*INTERNET*)
--------Router--------Box2[192.168.1.1]

Box3[192.168.2.1]

Box3 to Box1 - OK
Box3 to Box2 - OK
Box1 to Box2 - NOT OK

Does this help to clarify his question?

My question would also be this are you gaining access using a regular
port forward or are you accessing it via Remote Acess/ VPN/ etc.

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:28:19 -0700 (PDT), [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:
> I'm a bit confused,
>
> How can you have two computers with the same IP address on the same
LAN? Or, do you mean that when VNC does NOT work is when you are trying
to connect to it, from a different network, outside the network that VNC
is running on?

> Please try to clarify a little better where the computers are, when
they are not working, and their connectivity to each other.