To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 7:36 AM
Subject: Re: norton

Replying to original posts asking specifically about NAV 2005.

I installed NAV 2005 this week on both my office and home (kids) PC. I've used all the previous versions over the years.

For home, and curious surfing Kids, NAV is the best yet in category. I leave all the NAV default protections on FULL Enabled. Single biggest new protection area in 2005 over 2004 is WORM protection. Other improvements as well with Trojans, Spyware, and of course Virus. The Worm stuff is related to the other guys comment about Firewalls. NAV is not a firewall, but does optionally block a couple of known ports Worms use. If you have kids, this should be a no-brainer.

For Office, I'm in computer tech field, I turn OFF all the NAV Default stuff. Really, I disable everything. I use NAV 2005 manually, when I choose, which means maybe one or twice a week. Also quite handle when I need to scan one file, or folder of files, on the fly.

I've had no problems with NAV. Nor have I read 'horror' stories. NAV 2005 was in beta period for at least two months. Thousands of people downloaded the free beta. I think Symantec did a decent job prerelease testing to final.