From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Jennifer lambert
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2004 11:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: VPN problem

Hi

I have a problem with VNC connection via VPN through firewall. Not sure how
to fix it. Hope to get your help.

My friends what's to work at home using her laptop (Winxp Pro) to connect a
pc which is on a LAN(workgroup) at office. The LAN is made up 4 PCs with
win2K Pro. One of those four PC is connecting to internet through ADSL. This
PC is also a VPN Server, and has Sygate Firewall Pro (www.sygate.com)
installed. Please see the attached digram to check how the LAN and laptop
connected to each other.

The problem is when I turn off the firewall on PC1; the connection is going
well, no problem.
But when I turn on the firewall to normal level, the laptop can connect to
PC1 through VPN connection, but cannot connect to PC4 through VNC.

I understand that I need to open ports for VNC through, which according to
VNC site, the ports should be 5900+display number(usually default display
number is 0), or 5800 via Java viewer.

I opened 5900, 5800 for all protocols (tcp, udp, etc). But the VNC
connection still could not be established. And I also can not ping from
laptop to the VNC server.  By the way, with firewall off, I can ping VNC
Server.

Can anybody gives me any hints on this? Thanks a lot

Jen zhao