I have removed all firewalls.  I ran a Port scanner and 5800 and 5900 are
closed on both machines.  My router is set to forward both those ports both
udp and tcp.  I don't understand why they are closed nor how to open them. I
get a different error msg. now 10061.

XP sp2 Router is linksys befw11s4.  All was running well before SP2 but not
after removing it nor after reinstalling it.  Where is the event log for
VNC?  I've done a search and don't find it.  I also had ultravnc running
before sp2 and of course can't get that to run with the ports closed.

Ken
Ken Korshin
96190 Overseas Hwy.
Key Largo