To: "James Weatherall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 1:09 PM
Subject: RE: Re: Who can help me...?

Hi it's me again,

now I've tried it by using http://computer-ip:5800.
I still get an error message, but another one: Page can not be displayed.

I've also tried it within my local network. Port 5800 has also been
activated at my Router and incoming connections will be forwarded to my pc.

It's really strange, isn't it?

Sorry for asking you so many times...

Bye
Chris

Chris,

Your problem is that you are using http://computer-ip:5900

Which causes your browser to try to do HTTP to the VNC port of your
server.

You need instead to use http://computer-ip:5800

Which will point your browser at the HTTP port of the VNC Server.

Regards,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.

> -----Original Message----- > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] > Sent: 08 November 2004 14:41 > To: James Weatherall > Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > Subject: RE: Re: Who can help me...? > > That's what I'm typing in: http://computer-IP:5900 > > Yes, I've also tried it within my local network by using the > internal IP of that pc. The error stays the same ("RFB 003.008"). > I think within my local network, no port has to be activated, or? > But the message "RFB 003.008" will displayed, too... > I really don't know what's the matter? > > On every PC (within my local network) has been installed its Firewall. > But VNC has been set as "trusted application" and the > Internet Explorer, too... > > Do you still have any idea? > > cu > Chris

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum superg|nstigen Komplett-Preis!