I found lots of e-mail on "SelectObject to CompatibleDC failed" in relating
to Remote Desktop. But, I have never use RD on my machine. RD may be turned
on by default by XP but I don't use it at all. I have used PCAnywhere on my
system before but stopped using it after I installed VNC. VNC is my only
remote console software. I have other IP applications running between the
machines and I am making sure there is not IP port conflict.

For me, to recover from this error, I just need to 'wake' up console of my
server machine by moving mouse or touching keyboard on the system. I don't
need to reboot the server. But, since this is a remote machine, I can not
have this simple task done easily every time.

Does this have anything to do with I have KVM attached to my server?

Huaiyeu 'Huey' Yu

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

201-261-0001 ext 236