i have vnc running on a windows 2003 server on my home network.  the internal
ip address of this box at home is 192.168.1.10.  i did a standard install of
the latest download of vnc server so it's listening on port 5900 while the java
http server is listening on port 5800.  i have the windows firewall enabled on
this network card and am allowing the following ports through (21/tcp, 80/tcp,
5800/tcp/udp, 5900/tcp/udp.  i have gone into my linsys firewall/router and
have forwarded this exact list of ports to 192.168.1.10.

now, from work i can open up IE and hit the website on 192.168.1.10.  i just
browse to my public ip address and the firewall/router forwards the port 80
traffic over to 192.168.1.10.  works great.

also from work i can pull up a command prompt and ftp to my ftp server on
192.168.1.10.  the firewall/router forwards the port 21 traffic over to
192.168.1.10.  works great.  i "put" a 160Mb file onto the ftp server from work
and it worked great.

now, when i try to access vnc, i get an error.  it just hangs for a minute and
then i get "unable to connect to host: Connection timed out (10060).  the java
web client doesn't work either.  i know the server's up and running b/c i can
web/ftp to it.  i know my router/firewall can forward ports b/c it's doing it
with the port 80 and port 21 traffic.  i know vnc works b/c i can get to it
both through the standard client and the web client when i am within my home
network (192.168.1.x).  is there something else i have to enable on my
router/firewall besides just simple port forwarding?

i have a pretty good grasp of the basics here and as far as i can tell
everything's setup properly.