Johannes,

Saying that the screen was grey rather than black isn't "wrong" - it's just
that if the screen *was* grey, but you were using VNC Viewer 4, then this
suggests that *something* got from server to viewer, to make it look grey.
:)

If the screen appeared black, in fact, then the most likely cause is that
you've previously used Fast User Switching or Remote Desktop on the server
machine - this is not compatible with the current release.

Regards,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.