From: hotquietday [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 6:02 AM
To: Vince; Vnc
Subject: RE: [SimBox.NL] :Yes: anyone got VNC working on a wireless
router?

> you just have to know your WAN and LAN IP.
> The best thing is to limit the DHCP to a
> range of 192.168.0.201 to
> 192.168.0.250

I did this.

> Then, setup your PC to something like 192.168.0.2

What do you mean by this?  Where do I make this
setting?

> All subnet masks are 255.255.255.0 in this case
> Be sure to set your gateway and first DNS
> to 192.168.0.1 (ie. router IP)

This is not the case.  My LAN IP, on my router config
screen, is set to .0.1.  However, I can't figure out
how to change my gateway.  This is the output from
ipconfig:

Ethernet adapter Network Bridge (Network Bridge):

        Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
        Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . :
169.254.249.99
        Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . :
255.255.0.0
        Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 4:

        Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
        IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . :
192.168.0.201
        Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . :
255.255.255.0
192.168.0.2

> Setup port forwaring in your router to your LAN IP.
> (port 5900 TCP and 5800 TCP)
> Be sure NOT to use the router/gateway's IP !!

I have port forwarding to 0.1, which is the IP that
comes up under the LAN IP Setup screen.

Thanks for any more help,
John