My my...

Perhaps...just what the RealVNC list needed. All the previous posts on port
forwarding, ssh....converged into a simple interface.

Whilst I would assume the majority of users are not technically inclined and
putty is a great front end, the difficulties of implementing the open source
SSH servers for the average Window users is noted. Unless, of course the
average user is willing to pay for a commercial solution.

...but the plethora of no-cost RealVNC users tend to exist for a reason!

The bigger questions generated are definitely worthwhile discussing, i.e.
network admin's economic and security priorities with their overworked IT
staff perpetually several "internet" generations behind vs the ever
increasing computational power, security sophistication and internet savvy
"mobile" independent users (consumers).

The idea of virtual network adapters, secure and simple network pools,
etc... is very powerful stuff, indeed.

Thanks, Alex for stepping up to the plate.

What is your take on SHA1 being recently broken by Chinese researchers?

NK