In fact, I am betting that I am not able to make a connection from work
to home through our firewall.

Anyone care to wager?

No need to get cocky. It's all in how your firewall is setup. Most firewalls allow outgoing connections to occur, which allows you to create a bidirectional connection between inside the network and an outside network. If you're limiting the ports available to outgoing traffic then a default install probably won't work.

However if you're allowing users to go through port 80, port 110, port 25, etc... to go outside your internal network then I'll state, it can be done!

The only person I've ever met who *can't* install something on a computer is an end user. Any great sysadmin (especially in winbox environment) should be able to do what they need to regardless of how locked down the system is. ;) However this is only if all tools are availabe to the user except for physically modifying the workstation or performing a reinstall.

TMTOWTDI

Zach