From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 4:52 PM
To: vnc-list@realvnc.com
Subject: New User Question: Using RealVNC

Hi there.  I am a totally new user og RealVNC and am
having problems getting started.  I was wondering if
anyone could help me.

I have just installed the software onto my computer
(running WinXP) and my sister has also just installed
it on her maching (also WinXP).  The only setting we
changed was the password.

Using www.showmyip.com, my sister got her IP address
and sent it to me.  I started up the Viewer and she
started up the server.  I entered her IP address in
the 'Server' box and clicked 'OK'.  RealVNC tries to
connect and finally gives up with the message "unable
to connect to host: Connection timed out (10060)".

Neither of us has a clue as to what we are doing and I
couldn't figure out what we were doing wrong from the
online documentation.

I would appreciate any help
Thank you
Vega E. Altair