Havent noticed this change in functionalaity yet but one thing you can
do as a work around would be to 'unfocus' the window so that its title
bar is greyed and just use printscreen instead of alt-prtsc.  You'll
have to edit out the start bar and such.   Another option is to use a
specific screen capture tool to try to do the same thing.  Try looking
around for irfanview  its a multipurpose image viewer but it also has
an ok screen capture utility built in.  Just be careful when you
install it; it will take over some file extensions unless you tell it
not to during install.  one nice screen cap utility that it has allows
you to use a timer which is good for some of the more difficult screen
captures.

--Angelo