Jeff,

I've been running VNC on Solaris 9 (9/04 with no patches) for a while now with no problem. However my Solaris 8 (2/04, but with the latest recommended patches) is showing this problem. Can you give us some more detail as to how you found the problem (so I can verify it's the same one), and the fix (feel free to mail me off list, if it's long!)

BTW is it Sun or VNC's xdm implementation that's not behaving?

Thanks,

Alasdair

The version of xdm that ships with Solaris 8 and 9 is incompatible with
VNC 4. This incompatibility is the reason the VNC window disappears
after connecting and logging in. I was able to get VNC 4.1.1 to work
by downloading the XFree 4.3.0 source, building it and using the xdm
that comes with it.

Alasdair Ferro                       SpiraTech Ltd,
Product Conformance Engineer         Carrington Business Park,
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]        Manchester,
Work:   +44 (0)161 776 4582          M31 4ZU,  U.K.
                                    http://www.spiratech.com

may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
immediately. Whilst this email has been swept for viruses, you
should carry out your own virus check before opening any
attachment. SpiraTech Ltd accepts no liability for any loss or
damage which may be caused by software viruses or interception
or interruption of this email.