When you say the person who "fixed" the problem before is no longer
available, is there any way to reach this person, even if they are no longer
employed where they were? That might be the easiest thing. :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Dr Robert Young [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 12:00 PM
To: John Aldrich
Cc: vnc-list@realvnc.com
Subject: Re: VNC connection lost when initiating telnet session quits

I first used VNC about 6 months ago accessing a remote site. There, on
Solaris 2.6, the same "thing" happened but the remote sysadm did
"something" and now it behaves as you stated when going "there".

Now I am trying to install it on a local box  with Solaris 2.7, and I
am getting the same initial behavior. However, the person who "fixed
it" before is no longer available.

Hence my inquiry.

On Apr 29, 2005, at 8:54 AM, John Aldrich wrote:

> That's strange... On my linux box, I can log out of all SSH sessions (I
> don't "do" telnet for security reasons!) and my server stays up and
> running.
> It almost sounds like the X session is checking to make sure the user
> who
> started the session is still logged in and is using their defaults,
> but when
> the user logs out, it doesn't know what window manager to use.
>       John

Dr. Robert Young
ALI Database Consultants
1151 Williams Dr
Aiken SC 29803
USA

WWW: http://www.aliconsultants.com
Tele: 1-803-648-5931
Toll free in US: 1-866-257-8970 Fax:1-803-641-0345
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Source of Rdb Controller, software for database analysis &
performance tuning"