-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ken Greiner
Sent: 02 February 2006 22:46
To: vnc-list@realvnc.com
Subject: vnc with XFree86?

Hi,

I'm trying to get vncserver to work with XFree86 on Red Hat
Enterprise 3.
I've been following directions from realvnc.com, and I've added the
following to my XF86Config:

Section "Module"
    Subsection "vnc"
        Option "Desktop" "MyDesktop"
        Option "IdleTimeout" "600"
        Option "SecurityTypes" "VncAuth"
        Option "UserPasswdVerifier" "VncAuth"
        Option "PasswordFile" "/root/.vnc/passwd"
    EndSubSection
EndSection

I've set root's vnc password using vncpasswd and rebooted to
restart the
X server.
I can see the vnc server listening on port 5900.
When I try to connect with a vnc client, I type the password and
immediately get an "Authentication failure".
Any ideas?  I think I must be getting close here ... any help greatly
appreciated!

Ken