On Wednesday 10 January 2007 22:36, GORDON KILVINGTON wrote:
> Hi
>
> I wonder if you could help me?, i have read the frequently asked questions
> but does not answer my question. When i installed the server on a machine
> then the viewer onto mine, it connected excellently, i was well pleased.
> But when i turned off the laptop with the server on, then back on, it would
> not connect.

Was the VNC server running?  Did you check under task manager/processes and in
Administrator Tools/Services?

Also, when you rebooted did you check if the WinXP or any other software
firewall running on the server machine was still configured to allow incoming
connections on the VNC server?

> It said timed out, but if i removed the programme from the
> laptop and then reinstalled it, it worked again.

I suspect a self-reseting firewall?
Mick