On Friday 12 January 2007 19:14, Real VNC wrote:
> It appears that NIS is blocking RealVNC.  I am using version 4.1.2.  Is it
> possible that a recent update to NIS added full RealVNC blocking due to the
> 4.1.1 security hole?
>
>   http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/security/Content/2006.06.19.html
>
>   I have not been able to get traffic to pass even though I have added port
> 5900 to NIS and propagated it to the top of the list.  I have seen this in
> both NIS 2005 and NIS 2006 versions.

Have your seen packets of rfb traffic recorded as being blocked in the Norton
logs?  What does it say?

>   The only other reference that I have seen on this forum does not apply
> (although I suspect is the real culprit):
>
>   http://realvnc.com/pipermail/vnc-list/2004-March/044312.html
>
>   Has anyone out there experienced this?  Is there a workaround?

Have you tried being a bit more detailed with the rule you create in Norton?
Specify ports, protocols, MAC addresses and IP addresses, from/to, to see if
it makes a difference.

Hope this helps.
Mick