hello

Here is one more info on this problem.

I just set up another remote VNC connection between my PC with a another PC
(different from the one I usually connect to) with this result (so far):
- the connection is alive after more than an hour (while my usual remote VNC
connection does not last more than 15-30 min.)
- the transmission speed is around 500 kbit/s, rather slow compared to my usual
remote connection (around 750 kbit/s)
- this PC = Linux, link = ADSL (Freebox + router)

As a reminder, my other VNC connection, on my local WiFi network, keeps running
with absolutely no trouble at all, at a speed = 1,5 mbit/s.

Francois