Eric:

        Heya. It sounds like everything is working fine. You just
won't be able to connect to your "WAN address" while you're *inside*
the LAN. Most routers don't support such a "hairpin turn". An
analogy would be trying to dial your home phone number from one
of your home phones, and having it not work. Doesn't mean it won't
work if you call from somewhere else. :)

cheers,
Scott

Hello All,

I know this is a very common problem, but I feel like I've read through
almost everything I could about my problem, and I still can't find a
solution to it.  Here's what I've got working so far:

1) I'm running winXP media center SP2, road runner ISP Linksys or Belkin
routers (tried both), Toshiba pcx2600 cable modem
<snip>