On Dec 14, 2007 8:02 AM, Thomas Chang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  I installed the Real VNC Server on my computer at home and the client
> viewer on the computer in my office (in the company). I open the viewer in
> my office trying to connect the server at home, but I got error: "unable to
> connect to host: Connection timed out (10060)".
>
>  I call my friend in other city at home trying to connect to my computer
> at home, it runs. I am not sure it's because of the fire wall of my company.
>
>  Besides, if I ping the ip-address of the computer at home. I get
> response.
>
>  Someone knows how to overcome it?
>
>  Regards

     One of the possible reasons of that error message is that the ip
address is not used.  But you said that you got a ping reply, well ......
Sometimes ISP would change customer's IP address.  Are you really sure of
your own IP address?

     How are you so sure it's not because of your company's firewall?
You've tried another VNC server (via Internet, of course) and it's working
for you?

     If you do a
telnet <ip_address> 5900
do you get  "RFB 003.008" or something similar?