We had a similar key repeat problem with slow and long latency RealVNC
connections.  The upcoming release of the RealVNC Enterprise Edition
includes a fix, at least for the erratic key repeats we experienced.
Also, try changing the keyboard preferences on the client side: make the
repeat delay longer and the repeat rate slower.  It may help in some cases
but not all.

/Jean Brouwers
http://www.Xuropa.com