Hi,

        first of all an indication: there are two password to configure in VNC,
a "system
level" password and a "user level" password. A "system level" password  is used
before a
"windows user logon" (VNC used like a windows service), a "user level" pasword
is used
after a "windows user logon". To setup both the password you have to use from
the "Start"
menu:
*   RealVNC\VNC Server 4 (Service-Mode)\Configure VNC Service
*   RealVNC\VNC Server 4 (User-Mode)\Configure User-Mode Settings

Bye,
Claudio.