I'd like to take a break from the regular discussion to announce a new
resource in the RFB/VNC world. We're a group of developers who have
started working on a "community" version of the RFB specification. The
difference compared to the one maintained by RealVNC is that this
specification is meant to be a complete description of the RFB
protocol, including extensions and behaviour of other VNC
implementations.

Right now we've only added documentation for the gii extension, but
we're working on more things and would like to see more people
contributing (to both the discussion and the specification).

You can find the specification here:

http://tigervnc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/tigervnc/rfbproto/rfbproto.rst

and discussions are held here:

There is also an archive for the discussions so far:

http://www.mail-archive.com/tigervnc-rfbpr...@lists.sourceforge.net/

Please join and help us fully document the RFB landscape. :)

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman            OpenSource-based Thin Client Technology
System Developer         Telephone: +46-13-21 46 00