I think implementing the TightVNC extensions are the way to go. I would be
pleased to collaborate on a standard via that approach. Let me know if/when you
have something designed and I can provide any comments.

Is there further documentation on the Tight extensions beyond what is in the
TigerVNC community rfb document? I get the general idea, though the tunnels
confuse me a bit. Are any implemented and/or documented?

Thanks for all the work you put into this.