Carlos,

Do you allow customers to customize messaging ... and have you found the
early media works fairly consistently? (i.e. someone in between doesn't
insert their own ringtone).

Also from trunk utilization perspective, that channel is still occupied,
right?

<http://www.startelecom.ca>

*Ivan Kovacevic*

*Co-Founder and VP Client Services*

*STAR TELECOM*

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 12:33 PM Carlos Alvarez <caalva...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We do this by default for our customers with SIP trunking.  Just play it
> as early media and then send a busy.  We have a monthly minimum spend of
> $200 per customer so it's not a big deal to do something for each one, we
> probably wouldn't do it for $50 customers.
>

> On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 10:29 AM Deborah McDuffie <dmcduf...@socket.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Good morning,
>>
>> We've got a request from one of our SIP trunk customers, asking us to
>> provide an automated recorded message should their inbound call volume
>> unexpectedly exceed their trunk capacity (rather than a busy signal).  They
>> don't want to have the calls rerouted, or answered, per se, or have people
>> leave a message - just an announcement that they have a situation that has
>> resulted in an excessive call volume, and asking people to call back.
>>
>> This is the first time we've gotten such a request, and it doesn't look
>> like a common SP service offering.  Normally, customers just provide an
>> alternate overflow destination for us to send the calls to.  Are there any
>> other service providers who have offered this kind of failover/overflow
>> service for exceeding trunk capacity, and, if so, how did you price the
>> service?  Please feel free to contact me directly, if you have any
>> suggestions.
>>
>> --
>> Deborah McDuffie
>> Sales Engineer
>> Socket Telecom
>> (573) 817-0000, ext 157dmcduf...@socket.net

NOTE: This email message and
any attachments are for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and/or privileged
information. Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the
sender by replying to this email, and destroy all copies of
the original
message.