Posted by Eugene Volokh:
"Ooooga Bugga! *Drugs*!!!!":
http://volokh.com/archives/archive_2009_03_15-2009_03_21.shtml#1237468902

   A federal district court has just upheld another religious exemption
   claim for the use of hoasca, this one in [1]Church of the Holy Light
   of the Queen v. Mukasey. The case naturally relies heavily on the
   Supreme Court's [2]Gonzales v. O Centro Esp�rita Beneficente União do
   Vegetal (2005) decision, but has some interesting factual discussion
   specific to this particular case, and the government's reasons for the
   challenge.

   My UCLA School of Public Affairs colleague [3]Mark Kleiman
   (Reality-Based Community) -- a leading drug policy scholar -- was an
   expert witness for the claimants in the O Centro case. His [4]post on
   this case provides the quote that I use in the title of my post.