If you reserve those pure copper bananas strictly for infrequent cal. of
something like an HP3458, or other transfer standards in your lab,  they
may be good for some years.

I envision the "beer nuts"  to be a rather relaxed group of individuals,
who are perfectly satisfied to know the alcohol content of their favorite
brew to no better than +/- 60ppm ;-)

Why +/- 60ppm?  A selfish reason. I plan on bringing home a beer-nut-NIST
volt for my Fluke 731B using one of these standards
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-VOLT-DC-Precision-Voltage-Reference-Standard-Nulled-to-Fluke-732A-732B-/261499015291?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ce28e507b

They're only good to 6ppm according to the seller. Rule of thumb is primary
must be ten times the accuracy of secondary, that leaves me with an
uncertainty of +/-60ppm....does seem a bit much....oh well, if necessary,
I'm willing to be the only beer-nuts member.