Aside, there are private fabrication houses that make short runs of obsolete chips in order to keep mission critical electronics running, such as in aerospace and military applications. I'm not sure what Keysight would actually do, but I would presume not only do they stockpile key parts, both active and passives, as well as full boards for board level swaps, but periodic re-checking their inventory for functional integrity can be a never ending task as components age beyond their expected operational life. If parts truly were to become obsolete even beyond private fabrication, their management should design replacements boards and field test them way in advance of parts becoming extinct, until they decided the product was not worth maintaining.

http://www.lansdale.com/