|
The problem is that we don’t interface with the globalpop nas, rather we get queries from the globalpop radius servers (yes/no). Any query on our part would have to first be supported by the globalpop radius servers.
Watchdog/Interim Packets would work but the globalpop nas would have to pass those on to us. I was told they don’t support watchdog packets..
Brad Johnson Systems Administrator Local Link Network Operations
From:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gene DuCharme
Allowing multiple logins on our end seems to me to be opening the door for abuse.
It would seem to me that there has to be a way for radius to check say every 20 minutes if the customer is still there.????
-----Original Message----- Is that working OK for you? They have a custom tweaked Radius. They suggested we
put our GP users on a profile allowing 2 logins or unlimited logins. ----- Original Message ----- From: Ramsey Abu-Absi Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 3:47 PM Subject: [VOPRadius] globalpops Hi Cary, Thanks - you make a valid point; perhaps I was a bit harsh in my earlier messages. Their ghosting policy is as you describe. However, my frustration has been that although they are letting the ghosted user log in, they are getting a reject from my server because my server does not know that this is in fact happening. If they could send a stop record first, then the problem would be solved. Now this brings up a question I hadn't thought of before: Can VOP perform the same logic (i.e. check the called-from number, and if it is the same as the active session, allow the user to log in)? This would also provide us with a fix. Given that at least two of us are dealing with this, I'd be most appreciative if someone from Vircom wouldn't mind weighing in on this. Otherwise, I'll contact support. Thanks, Ramsey At 04:29 PM 5/19/2004, Cary Fitch wrote: I have dealt with their tech staff and their "chief guru". They are a class operation. Two of them were at our Peercon meeting.
They have a "good" ghosting policy, verify not only by your radius, but by the number the person is calling from, and can knock off a ghosted user, to allow the same person back on from the same number, but not a different number.
They also give the user the benefit of the doubt until it is shown he is an "ab-user".
As to wrong passwords, unless that is a caching issue, I don't know about that. (They do caching, so if they can't reach you, they can still allow your users on line.)
Cary Fitch ----- Original Message ----- From: Brad Johnson Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 3:05 PM Subject: [VOPRadius] globalpops Will Do! Thanks to all who replied. Brad Johnson Systems Administrator Local Link Network Operations
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Ramsey Abu-Absi Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 2:57 PM Subject: [VOPRadius] globalpops Let me know if you have any luck! Ramsey At 03:46 PM 5/19/2004, you wrote: Well, if I find that I’m not getting stop packets for users, I’ll be making their tech staff unhappy. If they say “we sent it” and they don’t know why its not getting to us, its still their problem in my opinion (their service model). Brad Johnson Systems Administrator Local Link Network Operations
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Gene DuCharme Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 11:37 AM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: [VOPRadius] globalpops We use them and set up as (other-no security) And yes we have had some problems with radius not receiving the stop packet. When I talked directly with Corey Pops at Global Pops he explained if you try to stay with their teir 1 system you will have less problems with ghosting. Although I have come in in the morning and found several customers ghosted who I know do not stay on 1000 or more minutes. I just checked my logs and they customers are being logged.
High Speed Internet at it's Best Gene DuCharme Owner Inland North West Internet tel: fax: mobile: 509-935-8923 509-935-8923 509-936-0633
Add me to your address book... -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Brad Johnson Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 9:00 AM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: [VOPRadius] globalpops What client type is used with globalpops. I have client definitions setup and have tried with “other” and “Radius Server” and authentication is working however, I get no radius errors when a bad login is used, nor do I get an entry in onlineusers when a good login is used and gets connected. Also, does globalpops pass on stop packets for users they detect as a ghost … or am I going to have ghost issues with them? Brad Johnson Systems Administrator Local Link Network Operations
* * * C O N F I D E N T I A L I T Y S T A T E M E N T * * * This E-MAIL message and any accompanying documents contain confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. The information contained within is private and protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by return e-mail or by telephone at 419-661-1233 so that we can prevent a reoccurrence. Thank you in advance for your strict compliance and assistance. * * * C O N F I D E N T I A L I T Y S T A T E M E N T * * * This E-MAIL message and any accompanying documents contain confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. The information contained within is private and protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by return e-mail or by telephone at 419-661-1233 so that we can prevent a reoccurrence. Thank you in advance for your strict compliance and assistance. * * * C O N F I D E N T I A L I T Y S T A T E M E N T * * * This E-MAIL message and any accompanying documents contain confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. The information contained within is private and protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by return e-mail or by telephone at 419-661-1233 so that we can prevent a reoccurrence. Thank you in advance for your strict compliance and assistance. | ||||||||||||||||||||||||
- [VOPRadius] globalpops Cary Fitch
- [VOPRadius] globalpops Gary Carr
- [VOPRadius] globalpops Ramsey Abu-Absi
- [VOPRadius] globalpops Cary Fitch
- [VOPRadius] globalpops Ramsey Abu-Absi
- [VOPRadius] globalpops Cary Fitch
- [VOPRadius] globalpops Cary Fitch
- [VOPRadius] globalpops Ramsey Abu-Absi
- [VOPRadius] globalpops Gene DuCharme
- [VOPRadius] globalpops Administrator
- [VOPRadius] "Ghost users causing simultaneo... Brad Johnson
- [VOPRadius] "Ghost users causing simultaneo... Steven Bastardi
- [VOPRadius] "Ghost users causing simultaneo... andyb
- [VOPRadius] "Ghost users causing simultaneo... Cary Fitch
- [VOPRadius] "Ghost users causing simultaneo... Drew Salmon
- [VOPRadius] "Ghost users causing simultaneo... David Payer
- [VOPRadius] "Ghost users causing simultaneo... TDE Internet
- [VOPRadius] "Ghost users causing simultaneo... andyb
- [VOPRadius] "Ghost users causing simultaneo... Gary Carr
- [VOPRadius] "Ghost users causing simultaneo... Brad Johnson
- [VOPRadius] "Ghost users causing simultaneo... Darrell McDowell
