AG,

Thanks for this much more detailed summary! I was being too tired when I wrote mine... Should have waited over night.

Some thoughts of mine on the interview and Rossis statements:

The thing which interests me (also in the context of the probable "quiescence" problem as mentioned by Jones Beene) is the reactor control via regulation of operational heat point. How could he do this? He needs a way of a) increasing as well as b) decreasing the reactor temperature. Increasing is simple: Power the heat resistance module. But as soon as the reaction starts, how can he cool it down? From what I know about the reactor, there is the possibility of regulating the amount and pressure of H. However (as this seems to be a cartridge) there must be some way of releasing and again storing the H. What kind of cheap, reliable and fast mechanic would allow to add H to the reactor and, if the heat is too high, release some of the H (which, I think, must be again stored somewhere)? Or could he just deliver the cartridge with so much H that it will be enough in any case for a 6 month operation? Or perhaps is this the mysterious RF generator which helps regulating the reaction? As far as I remember Defkalion, they state that the Hyperions can not be regulated and they are also missing a RF generator. Rossi states in the interview (when asked about the RF generator) that the "forces that basically should fight against us, and I mean the coulomb force, are used to help us." He after that again states that what theoretically should be to their disadvantages they have turned to their advantages. I (as an amateur) could interpret this as in order to decrease high temperatures we 'increase' the coulomb force (and therefore lowering the reaction) using the RF generator... ? But this is wild speculation from my side...

Another point that I am currently thinking about is Rossis older statement regarding the fact that first generation Ecats should be upgradeable in order to produce electric heat. From the picture that I currently get, this is either
a) an old statement and not valid anymore
or
b) upgrade the control software and buy a new cartridge which is capable of delivering enough heat

The "Energy Sticks" or Cartridges are perhaps not sold (in the sense that the buyer owns the thing) but leased to the customer (because of the low price and the recycling back at the factory).

Further, if I was an investor in Rossi, I would scream out loud because of the low prices which he is promoting... 500$, if he is first on the market with this revolutionary technology? I mean sure, this could be a simple device and easy to produce (and Rossi says, "the technology must be for all"), but then at least charge some more for an "Energy Stick" than just 10 bucks... I don't know of any historical example where a new and revolutionary technology hasn't been introduced without a proper price tag. He can start with a higher price and if there comes a similar product from a competitor, he can still lower the Ecat price...

We will see, time will tell... If he really wants to mass-produce the Ecats he should really have solved all important problems else he will need lots and lots of lawyers... ;)

Wolf

P.S.: Another point from the interview:
"This effect has now been understood very well and theory will be presented soon", when talking about the H-Ni reaction

What I learned from the interview.

10 kW home E-Cat is the size of a portable computer.

Rossi calls the recharges "Energy Sticks", fits with the ball point pen refill statement.

Replacement is simple and can be done by anyone.

No H2 canisters used. Reactor stores and recycles the H2. Only uses picograms of H2.

Reactor control is via regulation of operational heat point.

Fuel lasts 4,320 operational hours (180 days at 24 hours a day).

E-Cat will signal when refill is needed.

Customer can purchase several refills and keep them in stock.

Cost of the refill to the customer will be $10 plus installation if needed.

Will be available via internet sales.

Home units will run in self sustain mode.

512 keV 180 deg Gammas have been detected.

1st 1 MW plant is in modification. Should be operation in 1 - 2 months.

12 additional 1 MW plants are being built.

1 additional 1 MW plant has been sold to another customer.

UL certification of the home E-Cat is in process.

2.7 to 2.9 kWs needed for 1 hour to start the home 10 kW E-Cat.

Home E-Cat has only 1 reactor.

Rossi claims the RFG helps the Coulomb barrier work with the reaction and not against it.

First E-Cat factory is in Florida. Rossi is going to Massachusetts to further discuss building another E-Cat plant there.

Home E-Cat production will start in the US fall. Sales will start in the US winter.

Rossi is not interested in family investors as the business is still risky.

Large hedge funds are welcome but only with a small % investment.

Does plan to go public.

Home E-Cat has a 30 year expected life.

Customer price between $400 to $500 for a home E-Cat 10 kW thermal unit.

AG