Johnson, Steven writes:

> Still, it only takes one successful prototype to make it, and all bets are
> off. I'm sure it will eventually happen.

Why are you sure of this? As far as I know:

1. None of these claims has ever been substantiated.

2. The textbook laws of physics (C of E) indicate that such devices are impossible.

3. There is no credible evidence the textbooks are wrong.

Do you know something I do not know?

I have no problem with people like Mark Goldes. I hope he is right. But as far as I can tell, he has not given us a single scrap of evidence to back up his claims. Not one experiment, not one instrument reading. No clue as to how or why he thinks his device will produce energy, and no indication he thinks it is already producing energy. He mentioned that future experiments will involve calorimetry, but he never said that previous experiments used some other technique to measure energy, and he certainly never said they worked. All he says is that he is optimistic experiments will soon work. That is mildly interesting, and sort of fun, but it could not be less convincing. Even if you like Mark, as I do, and you trust him as a person, he has given us nothing to hang our hats on. You believe in what? You are sure of what? How can anyone be sure that an assertion offered without evidence that violates long-established physical laws "will eventually happen"?

Some people say that cold fusion also violates long-established physical laws. Perhaps it does; I do not know enough nuclear physics to judge. But, in any case, cold fusion has already happened. It has been demonstrated hundreds of times, with many different instrument types. If it had not been, only a fool would believe it exists.