Steven Vincent Johnson writes:

> to the configuration. I would have thought a very simple test to prove the
> kinetic energy hypothesis would have been to paint black radial bars
> equidistant from each other on the side of the rotor. All one would then
> have to do is shine a strobe light on the rotating horizontal bars, adjust
> the frequency of the strobe light until the individual bars pop out in the
> illusion of being in a stopped position. Then, all one would have to do is
> watch to see if the bars begin to start rotating in the direction that
> proves the disk is slowing down. Such a test would have immediately proven
> or disproven whether the rotors rotational speed was constant - or not

Since a video can always be faked anyway, you can use a simpler method that is more to the point. You place a large clock in the background. You shoot the first minute at normal speed, and then shoot about 10 hours as a time-lapse movie.

I assume most cameras or editing software allow time-lapse video. If they do not, you can show the motor running for a minute, turn off the camera, wait an hour, then turn it on for another minute. You repeat that ~10 hours. This is not as elegant but it proves the point.

If the disk is spinning in open air without input power, air resistance will stop it after a few hours, no matter how good the bearings are.