Michell Swartz,

How can you have any credibilty in this issue when you even persist in
sending HTML only to a text newslist.  You are censoring your own posts for
those like me who do not process HTML.  Do this on usenet and you'll likely
get properly flame roasted.  8^)

I'd like to see automatic HTML filters in all newslists.  HTML is just
worms waiting to happen.

At 9:39 PM 12/4/4, Mitchell Swartz wrote:
>At 05:00 PM 12/3/2004, Jed, disingenuous and deceiving as ever,
>wrote:<br>
>Swartz has been asked on repeated occasions to submit<br>
>his paper in a form that Jed can read.&nbsp; He has failed to do this,
>preferring<br>
>instead to complain about censorship.</blockquote><br>
>Specifically, Swartz should upload his paper to his own web site and then
>give me the URL. I will copy it. Easy-peasy!<br><br>
>Also, Swartz should respond to my form letter asking permission to upload
>his ICCF-9 paper. I cannot upload any of the ICCF-9 papers without the
>author's permission, per my agreement with Tsinghua U.<br><br>
>Nowadays, PowerPoint presentations and manuscripts in Microsoft Word
>format are often too large to be sent as e-mail attachments. For the last
>several months I have successfully been sending them back and forth to
>authors by uploading them to web pages. It is a convenient technique. I
>store all of the chapters of the book I am writing online, so that my
>Dragon Lady editor can view them any time, and sharpen her claws on my
>prose.<br><br>
>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I must address this thread because unfortunately Jed
>Rothwell has not been honest again.<br>
>Despite my reluctance to waste bandwidth, Rothwell has created a new
>thread<br>
>woven with his disingenuity.<br><br>
>&nbsp; On his censored (and misnamed) LENR/CANR website is the
>following:<br>
>&quot;PROCEEDINGS Tenth International Conference on Cold Fusion
>(ICCF-10)<br>
>Cambridge, Massachusetts 24 - 29 August 2003<br>
>Papers are listed by the principal author's last name. &quot;<br>
>presented at ICCF-10.<br><br>
>&nbsp; Rothwell knows this list of titles is censored, just as he knows
>it is his right to do so, but Rothwell expects<br>
>readers to believe his faux innocence when there has instead been
>much<br>
>confabulation and censorship on his part.<br><br>
>&nbsp; The fact is that Jed and Ed, maintainers of the long-censored
>LENR/CANR website,<br>
>simply removed our three papers' titles from the ICCF10 list, including
>two which were<br>
>on the original ICCF10 oral presenters list, because of reasons
>including<br>
>what appears to have been an attempt at plagiarism (addressed once here
>already).&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>
>Rothwell knows this, and knows what this about,<br>
>and plays dumb, as is his right and pathetic modus operandi.<br><br>
>&nbsp; Furthermore, beyond the titles not being listed for two
>years,<br>
>the three censored ICCF10 papers were shared on CDROM, through the
>web,<br>
>in pdf format, and in hard copy, and by snail mail to Jed and Ed.<br>
>receive it<br>
> [...]

Regards,

Horace Heffner