--- revtec <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I heard it said once,
>
> "If you took all the lawyers in this country, and
> laid them end to end
> around the equater, we would all be better off.".

"For every 320 Americans there is a lawyer — indeed,
with 799,960 lawyers among a population of
255,600,000, America may have the highest proportion
of lawyers per capita in the world. In England, there
are 694 Englishmen per lawyer, in France 2,461
Frenchmen per lawyer and in Japan 8,195 Japanese per
lawyer. Lest you think the Japanese are exceptionally
poorly served, you may wish to reflect that there are
15,748 Koreans per lawyer, with a mere 2,813 lawyers
for Korea's population of 44,300,000."

http://www.davidappleyard.com/japan/jp5.htm