I have not studied the Wikipedia documentation. Is there a way to contact the authors of these articles? I would like to send them a short note pointing out a few of the problems and asking whether they would or would not erase my contributions.

Jed - the weird thing is that except for an IP address, and some authors who choose to identify themselves, its an anonymous free-for-all.

If you spend some time (which I know you don't have) you may see patterns that reveal certain authors who seem like sysops, or sigops, to dredge out some Compuserve terms. These are the people who know how to play the game and who keep their pulse on the page. I decided a while ago that their sandbox was not very worthy of my energy.

But starting a brand new page is a whole new ballgame. You may get to be the one calling the shots.