----- Original Message -----
From: "thomas malloy"

> I would think that the life span of such a well would be
quite
> limited. Since this is a chemical reaction, it would seem
to me that
> the water would have to migrate further and further
outward in search
> of reactive material.

As mentioned, following Robin's similar thought, probably
the only way to keep ahead of the oxidation of metal
silicides (just guessing), and the sealing-up of the
fractures in the deposit, following an initial explosion,
would be to keep underground explosions going, ever so
often, in order to refracture the deposit and expose more
active material.

There are literally trillions of tons of primordial
silicides under the proper drilling locations, and
potentially far more hydrogen (FAR MORE) could be released
from this kind of geology that from any similar sized
natural gas deposit, just due to the mass of silicides most
of the earths mantle below a certain depth is iron and othe
metal silicides - IF that is, they could be fractured in
place to expose enough surface area for the water-spltting.
You would have to ask the Russians, or Halliburton, about
other kind of details, such as how often and how large an
explosion is necessary.

<<G>> On a lighter note, does writing about silicides mean
that one has a silly-side, and/or does a silicide-joke cause
one to laugh to death?

> Given what it costs to drill such a well, $5 gas
equivalent seems
> about right. I fail to see what economics has to do with
religion.

Besides tithing, you mean? I suppose it has to do with using
the Church as a silent partner, just as the Fascists and
Nazis used the Catholic church, in order to rally voters
into re-electing your candidate - which is what has happened
here recently due to the neo-cons, who have somehow
conveniently forgotten that the main part of conservatism is
economic conservatism.

....which means that Bill Clinton is really the only true
economic conservative in post-war America, being the only
President to deliver large budget surpluses and lower the
nation debt.

And BTW, as mentioned before, I am not a Democrat; and
furthermore, if you are a voting conservative and under 40
years of age, there is absolutely no doubt that I have voted
for more Republicans than you have, although very few since
Reagan, which is about the time that the neo-con
anti-fiscal-conservatives hi-jacked the party under the
sickening guise of moral duty, and handed it over completely
to oil interests and fundamnetalist-ass-kissing
spin-doctors.

> When your car's tank is empty, you're just glad that you
can fill it
> up again.

...until the glaciers start to melt in a "runaway" mode,
costal cities start to flood, artic species literally choke
to death from methane poisoning, all in about 2026 or
before, and by then there is little prospect of reversing
the trend.

> Given inflation, $2 gasoline is the equivalent of 20¢
gasoline in 1960.

It is a little disingenuous to state things like this when
any real economist not on the administration payroll, will
tell you that the only thing that has pushed inflation IS
oil prices. Thast is, since the late sixties when the
petro-mafia helped found OPEC, because they knew they would
benefit even more than the Arabs. IOW everything else in the
US economy, because of productivity increase, would cost the
same or less now as it did in '67-68 had not it been for the
single item: oil prices (and the money supply, of course,
but that increase itself can be traced directly to oil
prices)

http://inflationdata.com/inflation/images/charts/OilPrices.gif