Reported by the Washington Bureau written by David Ivanovich.

The US Senate received a taste of George Galloway, a member of Parliament  from Britain.

Responding to a Senate inquiry, Galloway belittled the inquiry as " utterly preposterous" and challenged the Senators on
the fairness of the panel that would smear his name " without ever having asked me a single questiuon".

Stating " I know that standards have slipped over the last few years here in Washington.. But for a lawyer, you're remarkably cavalier with any idea of justice".

Galloway mocked investigators for an error he described as a  "schoolboy howler".

And in a voice dripping with sarcasm, Galloway questioned the credibility of any information from Ramadan. " He's your prisoner, he's in Abu Ghraib prison. I believe he is facing war crimes, charges punishable by death. Knowing what the world knows about how you treat prisoners in Abu Ghraib.. I'm not sure how much credibility anyone would put on anything you manage to get from a prisoner in those circumstances",

US Senators must be careful when debating a member of Parliament , else they wind up on the wrong end of a Shakespearian drama. Never try to teach a Brit the fine art of debate or how to suck eggs.

Richard

<<Blank Bkgrd.gif>>