Fred writes..

> Why is this interesting?

It really becomes interesting to the people in applied coating sciences. There is a continued increase in technology in this field.

Of interest to me is its relationship to cavitation, sonochem and SL. Consider it a mechanical form of electrostatic phenomena.

I believe what you find interesting is that the secret is staring us in the face but we cant see the full picture. This is why I suggested that may be that only the " wake" of the passing event is visible.

I have to practice thinking in the abstract because my mind wants the practical which may or may not actually exist. It may be that there is some kind of order  in chaos.

Hmmm!

Richard