Stephen A. Lawrence wrote:

Thinking of this makes me wonder why I haven't read anything about computational cold fusion experiments.

There have been no such experiments for two reasons:

1. We still have no clear idea how CF works. The models that do exist are not detailed enough to require a computer. You can only simulate something with a computer when you understand it in detail.

2. Most CF researchers are elderly and have no use for computers. They do experiments with real instruments, not virtual ones. That's a good thing. Some of them are incapable of using computers. That's annoying -- for me, anyway. They send me typed papers and hand-drawn graphs.