Man is conscious of consciousness, not of biology.
We are aware of what our senses tell us and the fact
that we are aware of being aware.

A person understands that he is biological, but it is
an intellectual thing, a matter of information rather
than consciousness.

--- Terry Blanton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/life/interview/story/0,12982,1511931,00.html

> "A conscious robot, for example, should be aware of
> being a piece of tin with silicon circuits just as a
> person is conscious of being a biological organism.
> If an artificial device sophisticated enough to hold
> a discussion with a person insists that it is
> conscious like a human then, says Aleksander, it is
> malfunctioning."

Merlyn
Magickal Engineer and Technical Metaphysicist

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com