Who thinks of freedom and liberty as a threat?  Those who do should be threatened by sombody. Slavery still exists in this world based on nationality, religion, and gender.  We dealt with our slave problem nealy 150 yrs ago, but slavery still thrives in this world.  The slave owners and traders hate us and fear us.  They apparently have little to fear from you.

Jeff
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2005 5:01 AM
Subject: OT Re: July 4

RS Macaulay wrote:-

<<America is more than a place, a nation, it is a dream understood by all the world. >>

<<Flawed as it may be, this nation remains the hope of the world.>>

The trouble with many Americans is they have this "dream" of how America is. The American constitution is indeed a fine piece of work but the reality of how America behaves is that it is a bully, imposing its view of the world wherever it sees fit to protect mostly imagined threats to the "American way of life". This might be news to you but, in most of the world, Bush's America is not seen as the "hope of the world" instead it is actually seen as probably the biggest threat to world stability for a long time.

Nick Palmer

Brit, European, Citizen of the World.