Also worth looking at:
http://www.ruf.dk/
A Dual Mode Transport System

________________________________

        From: thomas malloy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 12:03 PM
        To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
        Subject: Urban transport systems

                Terry Blanton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

                        We are studying a small rail system for inner
Atlanta called the Beltline Project. The type of vehicle is wide open and we
are presently looking at Innorail recently implemented in Bordeaux, Fr.
Here's a coworker's paper on it if interested:

        When I noticed your post that Atlanta is planning a transportation
system, I couldn't resist mentioning this. A professor emeritus at the
University of Minnesota came up with a novel design for rapid transit. When
the state was considering building the light rail transit system I suggested
to Governor Dumbell, AKA Jessie Ventura, that he consider it see,
www.taxi2000.com . He fulfilled my expectations by ignoring me.